Juicy Fruit Feminized Seeds
🛒 Purchased 76 times today
🔥 Purchased 571 times this week
What is Juicy Fruit?
The Juicy Fruit strain gets its name from the fruity punch of tropical flavors that blend together within its classic landrace hybrid origins. Bred with both Thai and Afghani parents, this particular strain (or Fruity Juice)–like the popular chewing gum with the same name–sticks right to ya with long-lasting, energetic, and uplifting effects that are often suited for daytime or late afternoon use.
For cultivators growing Juicy Fruit strain seeds, a slightly longer than usual flowering period (7-9 weeks) is expected due to this strain having tall plants compared to the average hybrid.
Popularity & Origins
Juicy Fruit strain seeds are the result of Amsterdam’s famous Sensi Seeds. The breeding work they did in the 90s–by crossing and stabilizing Thai and Afghani landrace–united a pure indica with a pure sativa to provide potent, slightly cerebral effects.
As a fruit-forward strain with a unique flavor profile origins during a time when there weren’t as many flavorful options, these strain seeds immediately became a hit with cannabis growers and consumers worldwide.
As a testament to it’s continued popularity over several decades, this strain and its fruity flavor coupled with uplifting effects still remains a top sativa-dominant hybrid for indoor and outdoor cultivators.
Characteristics of Juicy Fruit Strain Seeds
As a typically 55% sativa/45% indica strain, this strain’s genetic makeup leans slightly sativa with a terpene level rich primarily in limonene and myrcene. These terpene profiles contribute greatly to the tropical citrus flavor and aroma that is reminiscent of fresh coconut, pineapples, and pina colada essences.
THC levels typically hover around the 18-23% range. In addition, some lab tests have often shown CBD levels that range from .5-1%.
The Juicy Fruit strain’s ability to have a short flowering time that tends to grow high results in massively frosty and hefty yields in conjunction with proper schedules of maintenance for the plant.
Growers can expect a flowering phase that typically falls in the 50-60 day (or 7-9 weeks) range, during which they grow vigorously. This time range is slightly below the average flowering phase lengths for most cannabis seeds.
Overall, the growth phase is one that can range from 10-12 weeks in total. However, it’s important to note that specific phenotypes and growing conditions are always variable, so each timeframe can differ slightly.
Tips for Maximizing Yields
The Juicy Fruit strain is famous worldwide for its impressive yields and ability to produce thick, frosty yields somewhere in the ballpark of 550 grams per plant.
Here are a few growing tips to for maximizing yields:
- Stress test each branch to ensure your plant will be able to carry the weight of a potentially large harvest. Training techniques like this and topping your plant are always important when growing cannabis seeds, especially for a plant that is heavy with weight such as this strain.
- Once stress tested properly, begin to put each individual flowering branch into a SCROG mesh netting. This will allow each branch and bud to have more light available to them for larger growth.
- Along with proper training techniques, once the branches begin to flower, it’s important to also incorporate proper pruning strategies. Removing decaying, excessive, or unnecessary leaves for each bud to receive sufficient light is very important.
- One of the most important things is to also maintain proper feeding and watering schedules. These practices, along with efficient light and temperature control will ensure your seeds will grow successfully.
Effects of Juicy Fruit Strain Seeds
Long before the infusion of hundreds, if not thousands of hybrid strains into today’s market, the Juicy Fruit strain has been a true hybrid for several decades now. Its long-standing popularity is no doubt due to its mood-enhancement highlighted by an array of slightly sativa-dominant effects.
The effect that consumer’s report most when it comes to enjoying this strain’s flavorful profile is one of an uplifting effect that is known to boost creativity in individuals.
Along with feeling ready to take on the world with a wonderful energy boost, other purported positive effects include increased focus, motivation, and relaxation.
Potential Adverse Effects
Some consumers may find effects to be a little bit too speedy for their taste, which can potentially lead to potential adverse side effects like dizziness, headache, and paranoia. Others find this cannabis strain to contribute to a sleepy crash at the end of the ride.
Most users can also expect dry mouth and dry eyes as a result after consumption.
Long-Lasting Benefits for Chronic Pain Relief
Consumers often seek out a strain like this one to potentially help with symptoms such as chronic pain relief, nausea, bodily aches and pains, and stress.
The anecdotal therapeutic effects of this dynamic strain are also said to combat muscle cramps, and joint discomfort with the bold indica and hybrid effects that can aid in providing some relief.
Medical patients are often prescribed slightly sativa-dominant strains such as this one for their potential ability to positively boost moods. The energizing nature lends itself to often serving as a pick-me-up.
Growing Juicy Fruit Strain Seeds
The Juicy Fruit strain is one hybrid weed strain that doesn’t fall into the category of a more compact grower. For this reason it’s important to understand the growing patterns that it undergoes.
Plant Structure & Height
Whether you choose to grow outdoors in soil or with the help of a greenhouse, warm and sunny environments will give this taller, sativa-dominant plant the proper space it needs.
Due to its hybrid genetic makeup, it also expresses a broad leaf structure found on many indica plants.
Whatever your preferred soil of choice may be, ensure that you adhere to the main soil-type requirements for this plant. Having well-draining soil that can maintain a pH range of 6.0-6.8 is ideal to ensure vital growth is supported.
Square Meter Space Needed per Plant
These particular strain seeds can also be cultivated by indoor growers, but recognize that the more space you can give it to stretch, the more biomass it will yield. Expect a plant that grows upwards of 3 meters high at most in order to accommodate for the indoor space.
Like most hybrids, this particular strain needs at least a square meter of width space or more to account for extended branches and room to continue to grow.
Tips for Maximum Growth & Yields
In order to maximize yields, new and experienced growers must first maximize growth.
This is done by maintaining a proper lighting schedule, establishing consistent temperature control, and ensuring optimal water and nutrient levels.
It’s also important to execute techniques such as pruning, training, topping, and scrogging to establish a healthy and vigorous plant structure that will facilitate such potentially abundant yields of this tropical paradise.
Similar cannabis strains to Juicy Fruit
1. AK-47: as another sativa-dominant hybrid with an Afghani & Thai landrace lineage, this strain provides long-lasting effects that are great for increased creativity or activity.
2. Miracle Alien Cookies or MAC: energizing, fruity and floral MAC is a top Afghani-containing medical strain for consumers looking for a pick-me up with its slightly sativa lean.
3. Bubblegum: another classic hybrid from the 90s that delights and includes landrace lineages with exceptionally sweet, fruity, and floral flavors.
4. Runtz: a more modern hybrid that also uplifts with sweet, candy-like fruit flavors, this instant classic is a favorite with consumers for its savory profile and therapeutic potential.
5. Pineapple Express: potential mood enhancement with tropical pineapple notes to uplift make this slightly sativa-dominant hybrid a uniquely flavorful and potent choice.