Purple Punch Feminized Seeds
🛒 Purchased 62 times today
🔥 Purchased 446 times this week
What is the cannabis strain Purple Punch?
Purple Punch cannabis seeds first became a legend in the California weed scene, and has since spread its popularity all over the globe! Let’s take a look at the weed strains that gave Purple Punch its origin.
Purple Punch is an Indica-dominant hybrid strain that was birthed when crossing two famous and potent parent strains: Larry OG and Granddaddy Purple! These insanely popular strains each bring delicious qualities to the table, resulting in the golden goose that is Purple Punch.
Larry OG, also cutely known as Lemon Larry, is an Indica-dominant hybrid strain that is known for its ability to bestow tranquility and slightly sedating effects on its users. The strain is characterized by its dense, forest-green buds with a frosting of trichomes that is truly a sight to behold. Larry OG’s flavor is a blend of earthiness and lemon notes, with a subtle hint of pine.
Granddaddy Purple, often abbreviated as GDP, is a favorite among Indica strains, known for its stunning purple-hued buds and sweet, grape aroma and flavor. It’s adored for its deeply calming and euphoric effects, often lulling users into a deep slumber.
When these two parent strains were merged to create Purple Punch, they passed down their Indica-dominance, resulting in effects of relaxation and mild sedation. Purple Punch inherits Larry OG’s calming properties and Granddaddy Purple’s vibrant appearance and sweet, berry aroma.
Purple Punch is a complex strain that offers all sorts of intricacies to its users and cultivators. Below are some of the perks that this illustrious marijuana strain extends.
Growth Characteristics of Purple Punch
Purple Punch usually has a flowering phase of around 8 to 10 weeks from seed to harvest, which is relatively standard for Indica-dominant strains. When healthy, these cannabis plants are small and bushy, with broad, dark green leaves. Due to its Indica heritage, Purple Punch thrives in a controlled indoor environment with stable temperatures and humidity levels. This strain prefers a temperature range between 68°F and 77°F during both the vegetative and flowering stages and humidity levels that are kept around 40-50% during the vegetative stage and around 30-40% during the flowering period.
THC Content and Effects
With a THC content of about 21%, this strain really does pack a potent (purple) punch! Due to its deeply Indica nature, users can expect to experience a sense of relaxation and tranquility, with a mild euphoric uplift. This subtle cerebral effect can improve mood and inspire creativity without inducing intense psychoactive sensations (although these can be experienced at doses that are quite high). Users also report experiencing a cozy body high that can potentially ease muscle tension and calm the mind.
Flavor and Aroma
Although the physical effects of Purple Punch are enough to make it a go-to strain, the flavors and aroma tip the scale and make it a must-have! Users float into a heavenly state of bliss, as flavors of grape and sweet berries swirl on their palette. The sweetness is well-balanced, with subtle notes of earthiness, making it a perfect strain to smoke or vaporize.
The aroma of Purple Punch is equally tempting! As you break apart the dense buds, you’ll be greeted by a fragrance that is reminiscent of freshly picked grapes and berries. This strain’s scent is lusciously fruity and slightly earthy, with subtle hints of pine in the background. The combination of these aromatic elements creates an irresistible bouquet that you’ll find yourself returning to again and again.
Indoor and Outdoor Yield Size
Indoor growers can generally expect a yield of approximately 400 grams per square foot of canopy when growing Purple Punch, while outdoor growers can expect around 500 grams per plant. These numbers can vary depending on the care that a grower puts into the plants, and utilizing the following tips could help boost yield sizes:
- Training techniques like low-stress training (LST) and topping can help the plants grow laterally and create an even canopy.
- A balanced diet including high-quality nutrients, particularly during the flowering stage, is a good way to support bud development. Pay attention to macronutrients like phosphorus and potassium.
- Trimming away unnecessary foliage and lower branches can focus the plant’s energy on bud production, but be cautious not to over-prune, as this can stress the plant.
- High-quality grow lights are a good way to ensure proper light penetration throughout the canopy. It’s worth the investment!
- Ensuring stable temperature and humidity levels will create an optimal growing environment for Purple Punch to thrive in.
Grow Tips and Similar Strains
Cultivating marijuana for the first time can be a bit stressful, so we’ve offered a few tips to help newbies on their way! We’ve also offered a few similar strains for advanced growers who would like to try their green thumb on additional marijuana seed types.
Grow Tips for Novice Growers
Cultivating Purple Punch can be a fun and exciting experience for new growers, but it’s important to start with a solid foundation! Begin by selecting high-quality seeds from a reputable seed bank, like Growers Choice Seeds. Make sure to invest in quality equipment, whether for indoor or outdoor cultivation, including grow lights, soil or potting mix, and ventilation systems to ensure that your seeds are set up for success.
When it comes to Purple Punch cannabis seeds, remember that this strain leans toward the Indica side, meaning it will most likely be a compact and bushy plant. Maintaining proper environmental conditions for your plants is the key to success. For indoors, invest in a good temperature and humidity control system, and ensure your grow space receives a good amount of ventilation (which will reduce the threat of mold and mildew). For outdoors, choose a spot for your garden that has a lot of sunlight and well-draining soil. Monitoring and adjusting these conditions as needed will help your Purple Punch cannabis plants grow into the best possible versions of themselves!
Purple Punch requires a balanced diet that emphasizes nutrients consisting of phosphorus and potassium, but make sure not to overfeed your plants! Lastly, be patient throughout the entire growth cycle, making sure to regularly inspect your plants for any indication of pests or diseases that could harm your garden. Keep an eye out for trichome maturity, which will indicate when the right time to harvest your buds is. Don’t forget to have fun during the process and try to connect with the local cannabis community to give you support and inspiration throughout your journey!
- Sunset Sherbet: Sunset Sherbet is a delicious strain that is the result of crossing Girl Scout Cookies and Pink Panties, resulting in a high THC content of around 20% and an enjoyable high that is never too intense. Fans love this strain because of its dessert-like flavor profile that includes sweet and creamy notes with hints of citrus and berries. Sunset Sherbet typically has a flowering time of 8 to 9 weeks and yields around 350 grams both outdoors and indoors.
- Gelato: Gelato weed seeds are a completely balanced hybrid that was created by crossing Thin Mint GSC and Sunset Sherbet. With THC levels of around 22%, Gelato is known for its potency and euphoric effects that often leave users feeling creative and relaxed. It also features a tasty flavor profile, consisting of sweet citrus and earthiness, with an equally enticing aroma that smells of fruit and mint. Gelato has a flowering time of approximately 8 to 9 weeks and an indoor and outdoor yield of around 500 grams.
- Northern Lights Auto: Northern Lights Auto is an insanely popular Indica strain known for its soothing and sedative effects. It’s renowned for its simplicity in cultivation and robust genetics, making it a resilient and stress-free strain. With THC levels averaging around 19%, Northern Lights Auto offers a calming high that promotes happiness and mild euphoria. Northern Lights Auto thrives in indoor and outdoor environments and is a good choice for novice growers due to its hardiness and short flowering time of approximately 6 to 7 weeks. This strain’s compact plant characteristics and bushy growth pattern are similar to Purple Punch, making it a tempting choice for those seeking a reliable indica strain with qualities reminiscent of Purple Punch.