Face Off OG Feminized Seeds
🛒 Purchased 66 times today
🔥 Purchased 581 times this week
Parent Strains and Popularity
There are many reasons why Face Off OG has been a top choice for cannabis growers and users since the ’90s, and we’re here to give you all of the dirty details!
The origin of Face Off OG is a bit of a mystery, which makes it all the more intriguing! What we do know, is that OG Kush is most likely the foundational parent.
Things get a little murky when it comes to the second parent strain of Face Off OG, but it is believed to be another variant of OG Kush, possibly contributing some unique traits to Face Off OG’s delicious characteristics.
The masterminds behind Face Off OG are the breeders from Archive Seed Bank. The exact date of its creation isn’t widely documented, but this dream cannabis strain gained prominence in the ’90s and hasn’t lost traction yet!
Popularity of Face Off OG
So, why is Face Off OG so popular? Hold onto your top hats because you’re about to be blown away! Many of the draws of Face Off OG include:
1. Potent Effects: One of the primary reasons for its popularity is its potent and well-balanced effects of relaxation and euphoric happiness. It provides users with a calming body high while simultaneously boosting their mood, offering a THC content of about 19%.
2. Medicinal Benefits: Face Off OG is loved by medical cannabis users due to its potential medicinal benefits, which include some anecdotal pain management, stress reduction, and a deep night’s sleep.
3. Tantalizing Flavor and Aroma: The strain offers an enjoyable sensory experience, that is often described as a blend of citrus and skunk with subtle herbal undertones.
4. Cultivation Versatility: This strain is also appreciated by cultivators for its relatively easy growth requirements, which is why it is a popular choice for both novice and advanced growers.
6. Awards and Recognition: Face Off OG has received recognition at various cannabis competitions and has won several awards, further solidifying its status in cannabis communities throughout the world.
7. Word of Mouth: Much of its popularity can be attributed to word of mouth within the ganja community. Exceptional strains like Face Off OG tend to gain notoriety through recommendations from users who’ve experienced its exceptional physical and cerebral effects.
If you aren’t convinced by the list of accolades given above, we’re offering a more in-depth look at Face Off OG’s characteristics below!
Flowering Time and Growth Characteristics
Face Off OG typically has a flowering time of around 8 to 9 weeks when cultivated indoors, and it’s usually ready for harvest in late September to early October when grown in an outdoor grow space. In the initial weeks, it focuses on vegetative growth, developing a sturdy structure with wide, dark green leaves. As it transitions to the flowering stage, the cannabis plant will start producing bunches of buds that are drenched in resin. Over the weeks, these sticky buds will gradually swell and become covered in trichomes, which indicates that harvest is right around the corner!
Face Off OG exhibits a relatively compact and bushy growth pattern, which is typical of Indica-dominant strains. The plant is known for its dark green leaves and thick, resin-coated buds. It’s usually a moderate height, making it a good choice for growers who have a limited amount of space.
Flavor and Aroma
Face Off OG can draw users in with a mere waft of its aroma… imagine a strong scent of lemon and orange, blended with a sweet, woody aftereffect that instantly invites a bright relaxation. I’d argue this strain is just as good as incense as it is a joint! The flavors are no less delectable, with notes of lemon, earthiness, and pine. It’s the perfect pick-me-up after a long day of adulting!
The yield size of Face Off OG seeds can vary depending on the cultivation environment, the grower’s expertise, and the care provided to the plants. On average, indoor growers can expect to harvest around 350 grams per square meter and 400 grams per plant when cultivating outdoors. To get the most out of your harvest, there are a couple of tricks to help maximize the yield size, which include :
- Topping: This is a technique that involves pruning the growth tips of the cannabis plants during the vegetative stage, which encourages the plants to grow laterally. It also allows the development of multiple flowering sites.
- Bloom Boosters: Bloom boosters and phosphorus-rich fertilizers are an excellent way to stimulate larger and faster bud development.
- Quality Nutrients: Feeding your plants properly and adding quality nutrients during the plants’ growth cycle can lead to healthier plants and a higher yield of buds.
- Lighting: Lighting is key! Providing the right lighting conditions, whether indoors or outdoors, is essential to develop juicy, dense buds.
Cultivating Face Off OG
If you’re convinced that you need Face Off OG seeds in your garden, we’ve added a few tips for the cultivation process, as well as a few strains that you might love if you’re smitten with this strain!
Cultivating Face Off OG begins with selecting high-quality seeds from Growers Choice Seeds. Once acquired, ensure the seeds are stored in a cool, dark place until you’re ready to germinate them. Once you start the germination process, maintain the ideal temperature and humidity level (which we’ll get into) to encourage successful sprouting.
During the vegetative stage, provide your plants with a balanced nutrient regimen, and remember that proper nutrient management is critical to prevent nutrient deficiencies or excesses that can harm your precious plants.
Low-stress training and topping are beneficial techniques to shape your Face Off OG plants and maximize the yield. Topping should be done during the vegetative stage, and low-stress training can be initiated shortly afterward to encourage horizontal growth.
Regular pruning is also a good idea, as it removes any dead or yellowing leaves and improves air circulation within the canopy. Adequate air circulation helps prevent mold and mildew from overthrowing your cannabis plants. And regularly check your plants for signs of invasive insects or diseases!
The optimal climate for growing Face Off OG seeds closely mimics the conditions found in Mediterranean climates. This strain thrives in warm environments with moderate humidity levels. Ideally, the temperature should be kept between 70°F and 80°F during the day and a little cooler at night.
When cultivating Face Off OG outdoors, choose a location that receives plenty of sunlight throughout the day. South-facing slopes or open areas that capture sunlight are ideal. Remember to shield your garden from strong winds, which can damage the plants!
Indoor growers can create an ideal climate by using temperature and humidity control systems to maintain the recommended conditions. During the vegetative stage, higher humidity levels (around 50-70%) are ideal, and while in the flowering stage, gradually reduce the humidity to around 40-50%. To mimic the outdoor environment when growing indoors, use full-spectrum LED grow lights or high-intensity discharge lights, and ensure proper airflow to maintain fresh air circulation around the plants.
Similar Strains to Face Off OG
- Bubba Kush: Bubba Kush is another descendant of OG Kush, making it a close relative of Face Off OG and almost as incredible! This Indica-dominant strain provides a deeply relaxing and sedating experience and offers a similar THC content of around 19%. This strain typically has a sweet and earthy flavor with hints of chocolate and coffee, which can be a great alternative to your morning cup of Joe!
- White Fire OG: White Fire OG is another derivative of OG Kush and has a strong Indica influence. Like Face Off OG, White Fire OG delivers a euphoric and mood-boosting experience, often accompanied by creative inspiration. Fire OG boasts a diesel flavor that is complimented by notes of sweet pine.
- Platinum OG: Platinum OG is another strain with OG Kush in its lineage, and bestows on users a potent experience, complete with relaxation, euphoria, and potentially pain relief. It offers a high THC content of about 25% and features a mix of earthy, woody, and floral notes in its flavor profile.