In the entire U.S. only 12 states have yet to pass any kind of laws that make recreational and/or, at the very least, medical marijuana use legal, and of those 12 states, Indiana is one. This also means that cannabis cultivation is illegal in Indiana, and therefore in the city of Anderson. However, it is not against the law to buy and store ungerminated marijuana seeds in Anderson, or anywhere in Indiana–the reason for which we will cover below, along with providing you with some information on some of the various aspects of marijuana cultivation and different seed types that exist.
Marijuana Seeds in Anderson, Indiana
Located about 34 miles northeast of the thriving metropolis of Indianapolis, Anderson, which is nestled in the middle of Indiana’s cornfields in Madison County, was established on the rightful land of the Lenape people. In fact, it was originally known as “Anderson Town” in honor of Chief William Anderson, whose mother was Lenape and whose father was of Swedish descent. Chief Anderson had brought his people to live in this area after the U.S. army burned their village and all other Native tribal villages located along, what is now known as the White River, to the ground in 1813.
These days, Anderson is probably best known for its connection to the Church of God and the private Christian liberal arts institution–Anderson University–that the church founded there in 1917.
Anderson is a small city with a sparse suburban feel that is working to recover from its economy taking a huge hit when many of its factories shut down by becoming a place for small business owners. While it doesn’t necessarily have a lot to offer visitors and residents in terms of entertainment, the city has started to develop its own individual culture for arts and culture students. In addition, visitors and locals can access some beautiful nature trails as Anderson has Shadyside Park and the Rangeline Nature Preserve, as well as Mounds State Park–the latter of which features 10 unique earthworks built by the Adena-Hopewell people, a prehistoric Native tribe.
With Anderson’s deep Christian fundamentalist ties to the Church of God and Indiana having regressive, as opposed to progressive cannabis laws, you may be surprised to know that even though the economically beneficial cannabis industry is completely illegal in Anderson and all of Indiana, there are still those who reside there who still dare to buy and store, and maybe even cultivate, high-quality cannabis seeds from online seed banks like Growers Choice Seeds (GCS).
Speaking of all forms of medical and recreational cannabis still being outlawed in Anderson, let’s first make sure you’re up to date on Indiana’s laws as they relate to the possession, selling, and cultivation of marijuana before we cover other things like why it’s not illegal to possess ungerminated weed seeds.
Indiana’s Marijuana Laws
To start things on a slightly more positive note, know that the one cannabis-related product that is legal in Indiana, and therefore Anderson, are CBD products that contain less than 0.3% THC, which is better than nothing.
Possession of Cannabis Flower and/or Marijuana Products
- Any amount: Misdemeanor, up to 180 days of jail time, and a maximum fine of $1,000.
- Less than 30 grams PLUS a prior drug offense: Misdemeanor, up to 1 year in prison, and a maximum fine of $5,000.
- 30+ grams PLUS a prior drug offense: Felony, 6 months to 2.5 years in prison, and a maximum fine of $10,000.
Sales and/or the Cultivation of a Marijuana Garden
- Less than 30 grams: Misdemeanor, up to 1 year in prison, and a maximum fine of $5,000.
- 30 grams to less than 10 pounds: Felony, 6 months to 2.5 years in prison, and a maximum fine of $10,000.
- 10+ pounds: Felony, 1-6 years in prison, and a maximum fine of 10,000.
For more on Indiana’s penalties as they relate to the buying, possessing, using, and growing of cannabis see here.
Why It’s Not Illegal to Buy and Store Cannabis Seeds
Chances are that it will be at least a couple of years before the conservative State of Indiana passes any form of cannabis laws, which is unfortunate as this means that would-be medical marijuana patients will continue to go without the potentially therapeutic benefits of medical cannabis. However, what is not illegal in Anderson, or anywhere in Indiana or any of the other 11 states where all forms of cannabis usage and cultivation remain outlawed, is the buying and storing of ungerminated cannabis seeds–with the key word being “ungerminated.”
As you probably know, the cannabinoid that conservative lawmakers and their supporters are so against is that of THC, due to its psychoactive properties. However, when marijuana seeds are still in their ungerminated state, all of the cannabinoids, including THC, that they contain are dormant, and they aren’t “activated” until the seeds “pop,” aka “germinate.
This means that for those who live in Anderson, purchasing and storing ungerminated autoflowering and/or feminized cannabis seeds from a place like Growers Choice is not something that law enforcement can get you for. However, what law enforcement can come after you for is if you were to germinate your weed seeds using, for example, GCS’ simple and pennies cheap germination method, which comes with a 90% germination guarantee, and then were to plant your seedlings, because then at this point the THC and other cannabinoids they contain would no longer be dormant.
Why Buy Quality Cannabis Seeds from Growers Choice Seeds
Seeing as legal cannabis dispensaries cannot and do not exist in Anderson, “closeted” ganja lovers there consistently turn to GCS for procuring their cannabis seed strains. Of the many reasons that GCS is so beloved by those in Anderson is that we provide speedy delivery and discreet packaging, which is a very important thing when you live in a city or state that frowns upon the using and growing of cannabis.
Furthermore, even once Indiana catches up with the majority of the country and legalizes marijuana, dispensaries aren’t really set up to provide customers with the thousands of high-quality seeds that GCS can and does as dispensaries are more focused on providing their customers with a varied selection of top-shelf cannabis products.
Two other reasons why those who call Anderson home prefer to buy their favorite landrace and hybrid marijuana seed strains from GCS are listed below.
- Feminized Cannabis Seeds: While regular seeds are extremely important in the creation of new strains as the male plants that regular seeds produce are needed as pollinators, your typical at-home grower only wants female plants that produce THC- or CBD-rich buds. Therefore, GCS doesn’t sell regular seeds because they produce BOTH male and female plants. Instead, GCS only sells feminized seeds that are photoperiods or autoflowers because they have a 99% chance of growing into all-female plants, which is what the majority of at-home cultivators are seeking.
- Price Point: GCS’ cannabis seeds are all sold at very affordable prices. In addition, we have discounts on our wholesale seeds and regular sales on a rotating selection of new, popular, classic, rare, and award-winning cannabis strains.
Cultivating Marijuana in Anderson
Despite it being 100% illegal to grow marijuana in Anderson, Indiana, the reality is there are those who still choose to risk running afoul of the law by maintaining a well-ventilated indoor grow room that employs the use of carbon filters so as not to attract any unwanted attention to what they’re growing in their basement, attic, small grow tent, or locked backyard shed.
However, because GCS does not advocate for anyone to break the law, but to instead simply store your ungerminated seeds until you’re legally allowed to germinate them, there is no point here in getting into outdoor growing techniques in Anderson or how to create a cheap indoor grow setup.
Feminized Seeds vs. Autoflowering Seeds
Feminized Photoperiod Seeds
Feminized seeds are unable to automatically flip to their flowering stage from their vegetative phase without having their light/dark cycle changed from what is, usually, an 18/6 light/dark cycle to a 12/12 cycle due to being photoperiods.
Since GCS provides a free blog with almost everything you need to know about cannabis, first-time growers can easily arm themselves with knowledge and start to successfully cultivate easy-to-grow strains like:
- Asian Fantasy: This powerful and pure sativa usually prefers to be grown outside, but will definitely thrive indoors where it should begin to flower in 7-9 weeks.
- Fruity Pebbles: An indica-leaning hybrid whose aroma, while delightful, is far from discreet. As such, indoor growers will definitely want to employ the use of carbon filters or exhaust fans to subdue its pungent smell.
- Candy Jack: A happy and energetic 50/50 hybrid that should be ready to harvest in about 8-9 weeks when grown inside.
Autoflowering Feminized Seeds
Autoflowering seeds are feminized strains that have ruderalis added to their genetics. Ruderalis, which is a robust landrace strain from Central Asia, makes it possible for autoflowers to automatically start to flower without needing to have their light schedule changed. Plus, autoflowering plants tend to be smaller, faster-maturing, and more resilient than their feminized photoperiod counterparts. Two good examples of an autoflower strain are provided below.
- Pez: With a THC content that can reach 27%, users are likely to find themselves feeling physically placid and somewhat mentally foggy. However, unless you exceed your tolerance level, couch-lock is unlikely!
- AK-47: While sativas tend to be quite tall, this sativa-leaning hybrid only grows to a maximum height of only 3 feet–making it a great candidate for indoor growing.
Growers Choice in Anderson
Growers Choice had all the strain I was looking for, and at a great price too! Delivery is so convenient and the glass vial is great for storing my seeds. I also love how informative the website is—I end up learning something new every time I visit! If you’re looking to get cannabis seeds, Growers Choice is definitely the place to go.
Popular Cannabis Seeds in Anderson
Diesel Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $39
Auto-Flowering Critical Purple SeedsFrom Just: $37
Gorilla Glue Auto-Flowering Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $33
Tangerine Dream Auto-Flowering Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $29.70
White Widow Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $43
Northern Lights Auto-Flowering Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $33
OG Kush Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $47
Pineapple Auto-Flowering Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $37
Cinderella 99 Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $35.10
Sour Kush Auto-Flowering Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $37
Blueberry Auto-Flowering Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $29
Acapulco Gold Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $42