Are you searching for marijuana strains like Bruce Banner, Blackberry Kush, and Blue Cheese? Search no further than our online seed bank, Growers Choice, which sells cheap seeds and premium seeds. Buy weed seeds online and have them shipped to your home in Quebec—or any Canadian province!
Marijuana Seeds in Quebec
With its expansive forests, rolling hills, and over one million lakes and rivers, Quebec has rightly earned its nickname bequeathed by its residents as la belle province (the beautiful province). Not only is Quebec the largest province in Canada land-wise, but it is also the only province to have French as its official language. Its vivacious multicultural cities have also earned it the nickname of the “Europe of North America.”
Like much of Canada, the majority of its residents live in the southern part of the region, and out of its 8+ million population, more than four million reside in Montreal, which is the second-largest city in the country and the second-largest French-speaking city in the entire world!
Despite having quite fertile soil that is so rich, that it’s known as “black gold,” Quebecers are amongst the few in the nation who are not allowed to cultivate cannabis plants at home for personal usage–Manitoba residents are also restricted from at-home cultivation. In fact, Quebec has the strictest laws in the country in regards to the adult use of cannabis for recreational purposes that more closely mirror many states in the U.S.
While Canada’s medical marijuana laws, which have been around since 2001, are applicable to all medicinal users who are registered with Health Canada no matter which province they live in, each provincial government can set its own regulations around the country’s 2018 Cannabis Act that made recreational cannabis legal. This means that each province can determine the minimum age requirement, and laws related to cultivation, possession, storage, public usage, dispensaries, etc.
For example, while Alberta allows those 18+ to possess and use recreational cannabis, British Columbia and several other provinces have the minimum age requirement set at 19, but Quebec has it set at 21.
As such, it’s important that you don’t just assume that if it’s legal to grow four cannabis plants in New Brunswick with few restrictions that British Columbia doesn’t have any restrictions around where you can grow your plants, or that Quebec even allows cultivation.
Medical and Recreational Cannabis Laws in Quebec
Canada’s Federal Laws for Medicinal Users
- Quebec, like all of the provinces, adheres to Canada’s medical cannabis program.
- Prospective medicinal users, regardless of age, must first be approved by their healthcare provider, and if they are determined to have a qualifying medical condition they can then register with Health Canada.
- Medical marijuana patients may possess up to 150 grams or a 30-day supply of cannabis flower in public and may use it except in these places. The only requirement is that they must have the proper documentation on them that shows they are authorized to use medical cannabis.
- If a patient’s registration certificate indicates that they are allowed to grow medical cannabis plants at home, it will state how many plants, where they can be grown, and how much-dried cannabis the patient is allowed to store.
Quebec’s Cannabis Laws for Recreational Users
- In Quebec, the legal age for buying, possessing, and using non-medical cannabis is 21+.
- Those 21+ are allowed to possess up to 30 grams of cannabis flower, or products, in public.
- You cannot use cannabis in indoor or outdoor public spaces (Up until recently you could use it anywhere that smoking is allowed.)
- At-home storage is set at 150 grams of dried marijuana, or its equivalent, per residence and NOT per 21+-year-old who resides there.
- Only the Société des Alcools du Québec (SAQ) is authorized to operate dispensaries in Quebec
- The cultivation of cannabis plants for personal usage is 100% banned in Quebec. The only exception is for medical marijuana patients who are licensed to do so for their own personal medical reasons.
Why Medical Users in Quebec Buy Their Therapeutic Cannabis Strains from Online Seed Banks
First, it’s worth pointing out here that while Quebec has outlawed the at-home growing of marijuana strains for recreational purposes, it’s not illegal to buy, own, and store ungerminated cannabis seeds. This is because the cannabinoids and THC levels contained in a cannabis strain remain dormant until the feminized seeds are germinated. As such, it’s not just medical users in Quebec who are ordering their marijuana seeds from reputable seed banks like Pacific Seed Bank (PSB) and Growers Choice Seeds (GCS), as high-quality cannabis seeds can be stored for up to five years when done so properly.
As to why so many registered and licensed medical patients and hopeful indoor and outdoor growers in Quebec, who are hoping for their province’s government to change its cultivation laws in the near future, buy their feminized cannabis seeds from online cannabis seed banks like PSB and GCS, one of the big reasons for Quebecers is speedy and discreet shipping–especially in the metropolis of Montreal. While licensed medical users can legally grow their own therapeutic cannabis strains at home, and it’s not illegal to own and store ungerminated cannabis seeds, most aren’t particularly keen on drawing the attention of the authorities or nosy neighbors to themselves or the packages being delivered to their home. Plus, in a place like Montreal which is home to four million plus, or Quebec City, which is home to more than 800,00, package thefts can be an issue, so the free stealth packaging that the majority of online seed banks provide is also much appreciated.
Other reasons that Quebec cannabis growers order from online seed banks are as described below.
- Accessibility and Selection: Seed banks’ sole purpose is to make as many rare, old-school, landrace, and hybrid strains available to customers as possible. They do this by partnering with scores of reputable cannabis breeders from all over and serving as a marketplace for them to introduce and share their autoflowering and feminized strains with a global audience.
- Feminized Cannabis Seeds: GCS only sells photoperiods and autoflowering seeds that are feminized strains because they have a 99% likelihood of producing bud-bearing female plants, which is exactly what outdoor and indoor growers of medical marijuana in Quebec want. This is also why they don’t sell regular seeds, as they produce both male and female plants. While breeders use the males as breeding plants, or pollinators, for creating new strains, few, if any, at-home medical growers in Quebec have a use for non-bud bearing plants.
- Price Point and Cannabis Seed Deals: GCS makes all of its high-quality marijuana seeds available at market-competitive prices. In addition, they have a wide range of wholesale marijuana seeds for sale, as well as ongoing, rotating special cannabis sales on new, classic, rare, and popular cannabis strains.
- Germination Guarantee: Medical growers in Quebec also love that GCS has a germination guarantee that if 90% of your weed seeds don’t pop, aka “germinate,” they will replace the duds for free. Their only clearly stated condition is that you must follow their easy and inexpensive germination guide.
Feminized Cannabis Seeds vs. Auto-flowering Seeds
Feminized cannabis seeds are photoperiods, which means that they require having their light/dark cycle manually switched from what is usually an 18/6 cycle to a 12/12 cycle so that they are able to transition from their vegetative stage to their flowering period.
If you’re a new medical grower in Quebec, this may sound like something that only an experienced grower will be able to do. However, it’s actually not that difficult to learn, especially since GCS provides a free and informative blog that covers almost everything you need to know about how to grow cannabis when to flip your plants to flower, the best seeds for inexperienced cultivators, beginners guide to growing, some of the top CBD-rich medical-grade strains, etc. This means that new cultivators should be able to successfully grow otherwise low-maintenance strains like Blue Cheese and Blackberry Kush.
Autoflowering Feminized Seeds
These kinds of strains are the auto-flowering version of feminized cannabis seeds that, thanks to their genetic make-up that involves the presence of ruderalis–a hardy landrace strain from Central Asia, are able to automatically flip to flower without requiring changes being made to their light cycle.
This, combined with the facts that auto-flowering versions of feminized cannabis seeds tend to produce faster-growing, more resilient, and more compact plants makes them quite appealing to indoor growers who don’t have a lot of space; outdoor growers in colder regions like Quebec who want to get at least one, if not two, rich harvests from their cannabis crops; and newbie growers who want plants that are more forgiving and don’t need to have their light cycle changed.
Popular Strains to Grow in Quebec
Quebec has a pretty short outdoor frost-free growing season that averages around 139 days, and for the “few” who live in the northern regions of this province, the growing season may only be 8-9 weeks, maybe 9-10 weeks at most.
As such, provided below are three more strains to go along with the four provided above that medical growers can always grow indoors if they either aren’t permitted to cultivate them outside or if they just simply don’t have long enough of a growing season to do any productive outdoor growing.
1. Bruce Banner #3 auto: This sativa-dominant hybrid’s Hulk-like abilities to smash stress, and negative thoughts provide heavy harvests of 800 grams per plant when grown outdoors and 500 grams per square meter indoors.
2. Power Plant feminized: This sativa-dominant hybrid with its uplifting cerebral effects and a surprisingly strong level of relaxation is the perfect choice for growers of all skill levels.
3. Deep Purple auto: This indica-dominant hybrid that produces a sweet aroma and flavor renders vibrant green buds with various purple shades and is an excellent choice for potentially alleviating muscle tensions has an unusually potent THC level of 18% that if not used in moderation could be a bit too much for inexperienced users.
Growers Choice cannabis seeds in Quebec:
- Quebec City
- Saint Georges
Quebecois gardeners go straight to Growers Choice
I bought some Tangerine Dream seeds a few months ago, and just sampled the first batch. Holy crap – this is some nice bud – definitely reduced some of my discomfort. I’ll be planting the next seeds soon.
Our Most Popular Cannabis Strains
Dream Queen Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $39
Cat Piss Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $33
Lemon Thai Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $39
Latest Arrival Sale
Ghost OG Auto-Flowering Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $26
Blue Cheese Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $35
Corleone Kush Auto-Flowering Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $29
Sugar Cookie Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $39
Pineapple Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $39
Diesel Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $33
Moby Dick Cannabis SeedsFrom Just: $39
Feminized Platinum Kush SeedsFrom Just: $39
Blueberry Kush Feminized SeedsFrom Just: $39