Have you decided to pick up a pack of auto-flowering marijuana seeds? That’s great news! We’re here to make sure you get the most out of every order, not only with our revolutionary 90% germination guarantee, but also by giving you the information you need to sprout all those seeds and turn them into beautiful, medicinal marijuana plants.
Should I Germinate Autoflowering Seeds Differently?
You can germinate your autoflowering marijuana seeds in the exact same manner as your regular feminized or unfeminized seeds. At Growers Choice, all our autoflowering seeds are also feminized, which means you will get only female, bud-producing plants from our products (and don’t have to stress over identifying and removing male plants before they pollinate).
Of course, you can feel free to germinate your autoflowering marijuana seeds using any method you like, but it is important to note that you’ll only be covered by our germination guarantee if you use our water glass and paper towel method. We have found this to be the most reliable method of sprouting seeds, but it certainly isn’t the only one. Other germination methods include:
- planting directly in soil
- soaking the seeds until they crack open
- planting in coco and covering with plastic wrap (like a greenhouse!)
- using specialty germination cubes
Germinating Auto Marijuana Seeds
With our easy method, you will get great results and will protect your investment in the case of not-so-great results. Because marijuana seeds are a natural product, no one can guarantee 100% germination (if someone does, be skeptical), but we offer the next best thing with our 90% guarantee. Most of our customers have a 95-100% success rate (with almost all 3-seed order germinating three out of three), but when a dud is present, they know they haven’t spend good money in vain. In such cases, customers need only reach out to us, answer a few confirmation questions (just to make sure you followed our guidelines) and wait for a new seed. You don’t have to pay for this replacement seed, just a small shipping fee to cover the cost.
Autoflowering Marijuana Seed Germination: The Basics
It might be tempted to pour out your new autoflowering marijuana seeds, discard the medical-grade glass vial, and fiddle with them for a bit, but we’d recommend resisting this urge. Ideally, you won’t touch your seeds with your bare hands – in fact, it’s best to never touch your plants with your bare hands; you never know what germs could be lurking, just waiting to transfer to and wreak havoc on your babies. We’d recommend always using gloves, or at the very least washing your hands really well, first.
- Fill a small (clean) glass about halfway with fresh water. The water can be spring, rain, or distilled, but don’t use it just out of the tap (like your hands, you just never know). Place the glass in a safe location where it’s unlikely to be disturbed (or inadvertently drank) and open your little vial of seeds.
- If you have purchased a 3-seed or 5-seed pack, you can gently pour the complete contents of the vial into the glass of water. If you’ve bought a larger seed pack, we recommend dividing your seeds between multiple glasses, with no more than 5 seeds per cup.
- The little seeds should be floating on the surface of the water. You’re now going to let them chill here for up to 18 hours. Over time, water should start to seep into the microscopic pores of the shells and weight them down, eventually causing the seeds to sink to the bottom. This is what we want.
If, after about 14 hours, all your seeds have not sunk to the bottom, use a pair of clean tweezers or the back of a spoon to gently tap the still-floating seeds – it’s possible they were just buoyed by surface tension and will sink. If they don’t, you can leave the seeds to continue to soak for another 4 hours. If, after 18 hours of soaking, one or more seeds still will not sink, we recommend carrying on to step three anyway – those seeds have thicker shells, so they may just take a bit longer to sprout.
- Take a clean glass or plastic plate and cover it with two paper towels. Pour the glass – seeds and all – onto the paper towel. The towel will become saturated, and you can carefully drain off any excess liquid (just don’t lose your seeds!). Using the clean tweezers again, gently nudge your seeds so none is closer than 1 inch to another. Also move them to one half of the paper towel, because you’re going to fold the towel over the seeds.
- With the paper towel covering the seeds completely (you don’t need to seal the edges, but it should be fairly snug), take your plate to a warm, dark spot – a closet or a cupboard you’re not going to open over the next few days). These two qualities, plus moisture from the water, are what your autoflowering marijuana seeds need to germinate.
- Once or twice a day, carefully check up on your seeds, allowing in minimal light as you do. You’re waiting for a little white taproot to crack open the shell and crawl out, and you want it to be about ½” in length before you plant your seeds. This could take anywhere from a day to seven days, depending on the toughness of the shell, the saturation, the vitality of the newly awakened seed, and lots of other factors.
Each time you check your seeds, make sure the paper towel is still wet, but not soaking. You don’t want the seeds floating in water for two reasons: they could start to mold, and the taproot won’t have to search at all for sustenance, so it won’t grow as quickly. Mist the paper towel with fresh water when it starts to dry out.
That’s it! It looks like a lot of steps because we got really explicit here, but you’ll notice it’s actually an extremely easy germination method that anyone can do!
The Best Auto Marijuana Seeds for Sale
At Growers Choice, we only sell the best. Fully feminized marijuana seeds with dozens of strains to choose from, including many autoflowering strains that make growing your own marijuana that much easier and faster. Browse our list of autoflowering strains and choose the best all-natural medicine for your therapeutic and recreational needs. And if you need more guidance on germinating auto marijuana seeds, just check out our grow advice section. Happy growing!
- On Sale
- On Sale
- On Sale
- On Sale
- On Sale